Handling of personal data
Your personal integrity is important. Below you can read how we handle personal data collected through the website “Personalized Medicine in Infectious Diseases”.
Personal data is managed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which aims to safeguard your personal data and controls what processing may be done with the data.
By using and visiting our website, you accept the terms described and consent to the processing of personal information/data described on this page.
By browsing on permedinfect.se or by sending a query via the contact email or by phone, you give your consent that we handle your personal data as below:
- Your personal data is kept in our email inboxes that only authorized persons at KI have access to.
- the personal data is only used for the purpose for which it was collected – answering your question and provide the information requested.
- the personal data is only stored as long as necessary for us to answer your question or provide the information requested. Then the personal data is deleted.
- You have the right, and can, at any time, request and get information on what data about you that is being processed, ask to have incorrect information corrected and ask to have your personal information deleted by sending a signed request to (email@example.com). In addition, you have the right to request, for free and once a year, an excerpt of the personal data registered.
- The consent is voluntary and can be withdrawn at any point
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data collected will be any information that can be directly or indirectly derived from a person, such as personal information provided upon contact, names, email addresses, telephone numbers, and pictures.
Why do we collect personal data?
The purpose of collecting and processing of personal data is to answer queries posted in the contact email or by phone conversation, as well as to collect statistics and queries to develop, improve and customize our web site.
How is personal data collected?
The common way for us to get information is that you yourself choose to provide them via email, or in a telephone conversation. It also includes retrieval of information on how the website and services are used. Such information may include IP number, type of device and browser and information about how you interact with our site, such as which pages you visit.
How is the collected data processed?
The collected data is used to answer your questions and to process relevant aggregated data on how the website is used. The personal data is processed only by KI. Data will only be made available with the support of the Swedish Public Information and Privacy Act (2009: 400).
How long do we keep personal data?
The personal data is kept only as long as it takes for us to reply to your query. The query itself may be stored in a database to be added to our library of frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Questions regarding the data handling
If you have any questions regarding data protection or are dissatisfied with how we process your personal data, please contact KI through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to KI’s Registrar, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, or the Data Protection Officer at KI at email@example.com. You can also file your eventual complaint to the supervisory authority, currently the Data Protection Authority (Datainspektionen) in Sweden. Complaints are submitted to www.datainspektionen.se.